One Year After The Fire - Keeping You Updated
The loss of Apsley’s only grocery store had a major impact on our community, especially our seniors, who have had to make significant adjustments to their lifestyles.
Your donations have ensured no one has gone without access to needed food services throughout 2020 - 2021. We are continuing our commitment to provide food-related services free of charge, as long as the Be A Lifeline funds will allow us to do during the rebuilding process.
The second edition of the Be A Lifeline Donor Newsletter - December 2021 - is linked here.
Volunteer Drivers Continue Taking Clients for Groceries or Doing Deliveries
We will continue to support the grocery needs through our volunteer transportation program. We would like to remind you that free transportation services related to food security are in effect until we have a new grocery store, and encourage our community members to reach out if needed.
We do require 2 business days’ notice to schedule a drive, and if assistance in planning is needed for shopping trips, our staff and volunteers are happy to help. Call our Apsley office - (705)656-4589 or email through this link here
For the Holidays
We will be giving away grocery gift cards, in keeping with our promise to utilize Be A Lifeline funds for food security purposes. Thanks to continued partnerships with the North Kawartha Foodbank, Apsley Central Public School, County of Peterborough Social Services and local businesses, we have identified over 70 families and individuals that will benefit from this.
Further Supports Available
- Shopping buddies are ready to help too.
- If someone needs assistance getting their groceries, we have some volunteers who are ready to assist with this too.
- Frozen Meals on Wheels options
- Made available for anyone with an immediate need. We have frozen meals in our freezer and we can make them available to anyone who needs immediate support.
For more information about these supports or have a special request, call our office - (705)656-4589 or email through this link here.
You can make a donation:
- Help Community Care "Be A Lifeline" for the residents of Apsley and North Kawartha as we provide subsidized Meals on Wheels to residents who need food support and pay transportation costs to our volunteers who will be travelling out of the community to pick up groceries.
Partners To Aid Apsley
Here are some quick links to the groups that we are working with to ensure that residents in North Kawartha get the support they need.