Clients of Community Care Peterborough have rights and responsibilities related to the care and services they receive. Services are designed and delivered in a manner that reflects and respects these rights and responsibilities.
The Client Bill of Rights will be posted in every CCP service office and on the CCP website.
CLIENT BILL of RIGHTS
- You will be treated in a courteous and respectful manner, free from physical, sexual, mental, emotional, verbal, and financial abuse by Community Care Peterborough employees, volunteers, and brokered helpers;
- You will be served in a manner that respects your dignity and privacy and that promotes your autonomy and participation in decision-making;
- You will be served in a manner that is sensitive to and responds to your unique needs and preferences, including those based on ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial, and cultural factors;
- You will receive service free from discrimination on any grounds of discrimination prohibited by the Human Rights Code or the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- If you are First Nations, Métis, or Inuk you will receive services in a culturally safe manner;
- You will receive clear and accessible information about your services;
- You will be invited to participate in the assessment of your needs, development of your Service Plan, reassessment of your needs, and revision of your Service Plan;
- You may designate a person to be present with you during intake and assessments, as well as to participate in the development, evaluation, and revision of your Service Plan;
- If you receive more than one service from Community Care Peterborough, we will assist in coordinating these services;
- You may give or refuse consent to receive service;
- You can raise concerns, or recommend changes without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal;
- You may ask for more information about the laws, rules, and policies affecting the operation of Community Care of Peterborough, including the Client Bill of Rights;
- You can contact any of our offices to initiate complaints, make appeals, and provide feedback about service. You may also submit a complaint in writing by letter, email, or by completing the Feedback Form on our website of the Client Feedback, Complaints, and Appeals brochure; and
- Your information will be kept confidential in accordance with privacy legislation.
- You will contact the office to request service instead of contacting volunteers at home. Community Care Peterborough cannot assume liability or responsibility for private arrangements made without its knowledge and approval;
- You will contact the office in advance if you will not be home at the scheduled time to receive service. If you get the answering machine, please leave a message;
- You will keep Community Care Peterborough apprised of any significant change in circumstance, contact information, or service needs;
- You will respect the privacy of Community Care Peterborough employees and volunteers;
- You will refrain from smoking in the presence of representatives of Community Care;
- You will respect the human rights of employees, volunteers and brokered helpers and treat them with courtesy and kindness;
- You will recognize that volunteers and brokered helpers may perform only those tasks which have been approved by the service office;
- You will give the pre-arranged fee to the volunteer/brokered helper directly;
- You will speak in confidence to a Community Care employee if you have a complaint or concern; and
- You will review the Client Guide and respect service guidelines.
For more information, contact Catherine at (705)742-7067, ext. 204