Casual - Temporary to June 30, 2021*
Available for assignments 3-5 weekdays of your choice
($17.74/hour plus 4% vacation pay)
*Although this paid position is part of a pilot program and only available until June 30, 2021, successful
employees may elect to continue in their role as a self-employed Brokered Helper beyond this date.
Community Care Peterborough is piloting using employed Home Support Workers to offer the Home Help
service typically provided by Brokered Helpers. Home Support Workers assist Community Care clients with
routine household activities. Primary duties include:
- Housekeeping in the home's clients in the City of Peterborough.
- Running errands such as shopping for groceries or dropping off mail.
- Contacting clients by phone before each visit to confirm arrangements and conducting COVID screening.
- Greeting and interacting with clients and their caregivers in a courteous, friendly, and patient manner.
- Completing documentation electronically following each assignment.
- Promoting and maintaining a high standard of client-centred customer service.
- High school diploma, GED, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a housekeeping role is preferred.
- Experience working with older adults or adults with physical challenges.
- Ability to commit to a regular schedule and provide punctual, reliable service.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, auto insurance, and access to a vehicle suitable.
- The physical strength and ability to undertake frequent walking, bending, stretching, pulling, and long
periods of standing. Able to comfortably lift 40lbs without risk of injury.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- High-speed internet access at home OR on a smartphone for receiving assignments and sending reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate respect, empathy, and understanding.
The full job description and requirements of the position are available online at:
Community Care Peterborough is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in
compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should any applicant require
accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please advise at the time of application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.