HOW TO VOLUNTEER
Community Care relies on the support and dedication of over 900 volunteers, who donate their time and expertise to help almost 7,000 clients in the City and County of Peterborough remain independent in their own homes…where they want to be! Without volunteers, none of this would be possible.
Volunteering with Community Care is flexible to fit your schedule. Whether it is once a week or once a month, we need your help to make a difference!
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Positively impact the lives of clients
- Make a difference in your community
- Experience the personal satisfaction of helping others
- A valued member of our team
- Training and educational opportunities
- Share your knowledge and abilities
- Continue to practice and apply your acquired skills
- Social interaction
- Flexible to fit your schedule
Click here to read about the volunteer opportunities.
Interested in Volunteering?
- sensitive to the needs of seniors and adults with physical challenges
- punctual and reliable
- a good listener
- respectful of confidentiality
In order to provide high quality services, and to ensure the safety the clients whom we serve, the following screening requirements must be successfully completed:
- personal interview
- application form(s)
- criminal reference check
- personal reference checks
- drivers abstract (for some positions)
- proof of valid license and insurance (for some positions)
- general orientation
- Role specific training
With an aging population, demand for service is on the rise, which presents an equal need for volunteers. Whether it is once a week or once a month, you can make a difference. If you have some time to give, please fill out the form here, and a staff member will contact you.
Apply to Volunteer.